Arrival & Security Info for Blenheim Palace Battle Proms 2019
We are keen to ensure that your visit to the Battle Proms Concert at Blenheim Palace goes as smoothly as possible, so we would like to offer the following useful advice and information.
Getting to the Concert
The concert is clearly signposted from all major routes into Woodstock, Oxfordshire. Please use postcode OX20 1PX for Sat Navs then look out for temporary yellow event signage as you approach the venue.
- Please consider the environment and car share if possible.
- Plenty of free parking is provided on site, including disabled parking. Car parks are open from 2pm, with gates opening to the concert arena at 4.30pm.
- If you wish to visit the house and grounds prior to the concert this may be possible but is subject to additional entry charges. Please research this by contacting the venue directly, prior to starting your journey.
- Traffic from the south on the A44 Woodstock Road will be directed to the Hensington Gate entrance (this is the regular entrance for visitors to the Palace)
- Local traffic coming from West (Bladon Road) may enter through Bladon Gate by the White House pub
- Traffic from the north on the A44 will be directed through Ditchley Gate which is off the B4437.
- Please do not park in the Palace visitor car parks. Please continue to follow the temporary event signage to the Battle Proms Concert car parks
- Upon parking, please make a note of your row number and the direction of the exit.
- We would like to encourage larger, louder parties to position themselves towards the back of the auditorium, allowing a quieter area in front of the stage.
- With several thousand concert-goers in attendance, traffic will inevitably be heavy on entry and exit. Please be assured that stewards and organisers will be working to keep traffic flowing as efficiently and safely as possible at all times, with a target rate of 800 cars per hour per exit. It can take up to 90 minutes to exit the car park and your patience and co-operation are greatly appreciated.
- In order to relieve congestion, we advise visitors not to rush back to their cars at the end of the concert. When driving from the car parks please be considerate of pedestrians still making their way to their cars.
- Please advise Taxis (and any other vehicles making a drop-off or pick up) to follow the Taxi signage. Taxis need to be back on site for pick-up by 10.15pm. Taxi journeys must be booked in advance. Please see our taxi access information for more details.
- Please note that anyone arriving before 2pm for the concert may be asked to pay Palace entry fees.
- We strongly advise against accessing the concert on foot due to the distance and terrain involved. This is done at your own risk.
...and Go green! We’ve switched our generators over to bio-diesel, banned plastic straws on site, stopped using disposable plastic water bottles for backstage crew, printed our programmes on FSC certified paper and introduced a solid cup refill system at the bars.
We need your help too! Please help us and our waste collection / recycling team to reduce the environmental impact of the concert as follows:
- Please consider pre-preparing your picnic as far as possible to limit the amount of equipment and disposable plastics you need to bring with you on the day.
- Pack food in Tupperware or similar re-usable storage rather than cling film, and bring re-usable plates and cutlery rather than plastic plates and straws.
- Take food scraps and leftovers home with you, as even recyclable materials may become landfill on site if they are heavily contaminated with food waste.
- Bring filled re-usable water bottles with you and refill them at the Water Point on site.
- Please take your rubbish home with you where possible. Otherwise, please dispose of your refuse and recycling on site carefully. Look out for the special recycling points for your bottles, cans, clean paper and card. There will be bags available for you if you need them and you can deposit full bags by the green flagged recycling points.
If you need any further information please explore the website, especially our FAQs page, and if you encounter any issues on the night please see staff at the Info Point on site (located at the Main Box Office) and we will endeavour to assist.