Arrival & Security Info for Burghley House Battle Proms 2017
We are keen to ensure that your visit to the Battle Proms Concert at Burghley House goes as smoothly as possible, so we would like to offer the following useful advice and information.
Getting to the Concert
The concert is clearly signposted from all major routes into Stamford, Lincolnshire. Please use postcode PE9 3JY for Sat Navs then look out for temporary yellow event signage as you approach the venue.
- Plenty of free parking is provided on site, including disabled parking. Car parks are open from 2pm, with gates opening to the concert arena at 4.30pm.
- Traffic from the A1 (North or South) will be directed to the Bottle Lodge entrance.
- Traffic from Stamford will be directed to the Station Gate entrance.
- Upon parking, please make a note of your row number and the direction of the exit.
- With several thousand concert-goers in attendance, traffic will inevitably be heavy on entry and exit.
Please be assured that stewards and organisers will be working to keep traffic flowing as efficiently and safely as possible at all times, with a target rate of 800 cars per hour per exit. It can take up to 90 minutes to exit the car park and your patience and co-operation are greatly appreciated.
- In order to relieve congestion, we would advise visitors not to rush back to their cars at the end of the concert. You can follow live updates from the traffic management (CTM) on Twitter
- Please advise Taxis (and any other vehicles making a drop-off or pick up) to follow the Taxi signage. Taxis need to be back on site for pick-up by 10.15pm. Detailed taxi information can be found here
- We strongly advise against accessing the concert on foot due to the distance and terrain involved. This is done at your own risk.
- Please ensure that you have printed all your tickets.
- In order to be verified by the scanners, the square barcode in the top left hand corner of your ticket must be a clear printout with crisp edges (as pictured). A faded or imperfect printout will result in delay at the gates.
- For efficient entry on the day, as you approach the ticket entrance please ensure that each individual in your party presents their own ticket with the square barcode clearly visible to the entry steward.
- If you have booked via a gift experience voucher, you should have received print-at-home e-tickets (like the ones pictured here) via email directly from Battle Proms Concerts. If you have not received your e-tickets please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to print your tickets it is possible to scan them from the screen of your smart phone or tablet. However, it is vital that you have fully downloaded and saved the PDF to your device prior to arriving at the festival. It will not be possible to guarantee sufficient roaming internet coverage to do this on arrival.
Whilst the Battle Proms Concert is considered a low risk event, your wellbeing and safety is paramount to us, especially in light of recent events. With this in mind we would like to make visitors aware of the following security measures which will be in place on the day:
- A canine search team will be working along the queues and within the auditorium. When you see the dogs at work please do not distract them, but if you wish to say hello to Zac or Jax please ask the handler!
- Door supervisors will carry out random and targeted bag searches and customer checks, including searches using pat-downs and metal detection wands.
- Please consider pre-preparing your picnic as far as possible in order to limit the amount of equipment you need to bring with you on the day. Knives permitted on site will be limited to domestic knives 5 inches or under, and folding knifes with a 3 inch blade or under.
- Whilst we are keen to maximise visitor safety, we will endeavour to ensure that these measures do not impact on your enjoyment of the day or detract from the celebratory atmosphere that Battle Prommers have enjoyed for the last 20 years! Your assistance and co-operation are greatly appreciated.