Arrival & Security Info Ragley Hall Battle Proms 2018
We are keen to ensure that your visit to the Battle Proms Concert at Ragley Hall goes as smoothly as possible, so we would like to offer the following useful advice and information.
Getting to the Concert
The concert is clearly signposted from all major routes into Alcester, Warwickshire. Please use postcode B49 5NJ for Sat Navs then look out for temporary yellow event signage as you approach the venue.
- Please consider the environment and car share if possible.
- Plenty of free parking is provided on site, including disabled parking. Car parks are open from 2pm, with gates opening to the concert arena at 4pm.
- Traffic coming along the A422 from Worcester and the A441 from Redditch will be directed to the South Entrance off the B4088 and will leave via the same entrance. Cars in this car park will be advised to turn right out of the estate at the end of the concert to avoid traffic build-up.
- Traffic coming from all other directions will be directed to the North Entrance which is the main visitor entrance to Ragley Hall.
- Upon parking, please make a note of your row number and the direction of the exit.
- We would like to encourage larger, louder parties to position themselves towards the back of the auditorium, allowing a quieter area in front of the stage.
- With several thousand concert-goers in attendance, traffic will inevitably be heavy on entry and exit. Please be assured that stewards and organisers will be working to keep traffic flowing as efficiently and safely as possible at all times, with a target rate of 800 cars per hour per exit. It can take up to 90 minutes to exit the car park and your patience and co-operation are greatly appreciated.
- In order to relieve congestion, we advise visitors not to rush back to their cars at the end of the concert. When driving from the car parks please be considerate of pedestrians still making their way to their cars.
- Please advise Taxis (and any other vehicles making a drop-off or pick up) to follow the Taxi signage. Taxis need to be back on site for pick-up by 9.45pm. Taxi journeys must be booked in advance. Detailed event taxi information can be found here
- Please note that there is NO pedestrian access into or out of the estate for the concert. Concert-goers must enter and exit by vehicle only.
- Please ensure that you have printed all your tickets.
- In order to be verified by the scanners, the square barcode in the top left hand corner of your ticket must be a clear printout with crisp edges (as pictured). A faded or imperfect printout will result in delay at the gates.
- For quick and efficient entry on the day, as you approach the ticket entrance please ensure that each individual in your party presents a single ticket with the square barcode clearly visible to the entry steward.
- If you have booked via a gift experience voucher, you should have received print-at-home e-tickets (like the ones pictured here) via email directly from Battle Proms Concerts. If you have not received your e-tickets please contact us as soon as possible.
- If you are unable to print your tickets it is possible to scan them from the screen of your smart phone or tablet. However, it is vital that you have fully downloaded and saved the PDF to your device prior to arriving at the concert. It will not be possible to guarantee sufficient roaming internet coverage to do this on arrival.
Whilst the Battle Proms Concert is considered a low risk event, your wellbeing and safety is paramount to us. With this in mind we would like to make visitors aware of the following security measures which will be in place on the day:
- A canine search team will be working along the queues and within the auditorium. When you see the dogs at work please do not distract them, but if you wish to say hello please ask the handler!
- Door supervisors will carry out random and targeted bag searches and customer checks, including searches using pat-downs and metal detection wands.
- Please consider pre-preparing your picnic as far as possible in order to limit the amount of equipment you need to bring with you on the day. Knives permitted on site will be limited to domestic knives with a blade 5 inches or under, and folding knifes with a 3 inch blade or under.
- Whilst we are keen to maximise visitor safety, we will endeavour to ensure that these measures do not impact on your enjoyment of the day or detract from the celebratory atmosphere that Battle Prommers have enjoyed for the last 21 years! Your assistance and co-operation are greatly appreciated.
- Please do bring your own seating and picnic and drinks.
- Come prepared for the unpredictable British weather! We recommend bringing warm clothes even in good weather as it is noticeably cooler after dark.
- The concert area and car parks are well lit, but it can be useful to bring a torch to help pack up your things and find your car.
- The following are not permitted on site: drones, flame torches, sky lanterns, BBQs, stoves, any naked flames, sound recording equipment. Dogs are NOT permitted (with the exception of assistance dogs). Please do not leave your dog/s in your car.
...and Go green!
We’ve switched our generators over to bio-diesel, banned plastic straws on site, stopped using disposable plastic water bottles for backstage crew, printed our programmes on FSC certified paper and introduced a solid cup refill system at the bars.
We need your help too! Please help us and our waste collection / recycling team to reduce the environmental impact of the concert as follows:
- Please consider pre-preparing your picnic as far as possible to limit the amount of equipment and disposable plastics you need to bring with you on the day.
- Pack food in Tupperware or similar re-usable storage rather than cling film, and bring re-usable plates and cutlery rather than plastic plates and straws.
- Take food scraps and leftovers home with you, as even recyclable materials may become landfill on site if are heavily contaminated with food waste.
- Please take your rubbish home with you where possible. Otherwise, please dispose of your refuse and recycling on site carefully. Look out for the special recycling points for your bottles, cans, clean paper and card. There will be bags available for you if you need them and you can deposit full bags by the green flagged recycling points.
If you need any further information please explore the website, especially our FAQs page, and if you encounter any issues on the night please see staff at the Info Point on site (located at the Main Box Office) and we will endeavour to assist.